Wednesday 6 March 2013

London Day 6: Covent Garden & Oxford Street

We spent our final day roaming around Covent Garden, bewitched by the countless street performers. I would definitely advise anyone to go as there really is something for everyone! There's endless stalls selling handmade jewelry, bric-à-brac, exotic food and everything in between! But there's also a mix of designer and quirky shops if you venture down the intertwining roads.

Word of warning though, we always take the tube to nearby stations such as Leicester Square or Holborn, as the Covent Garden station is always brimming with tourists and there you either have the choice of taking the elevator OR 15 flights of stairs!



It would be sacrilegious to go to Covent Garden without popping into CyberCandy! They sell goodies from all over the world - particularly America and Asia. They also have every jelly bean flavour under the sun - Strawberry Daiquiri, Margarita, Bubblegum, Green tea... For just £2.30 you can fill a funky Chinese takeout box with 300 grams worth of goodies - not too shabby!







Since we were within walking distance, we ended up taking a stroll through Leicester Square and Oxford street to do a spot of retail therapy - I'll post my 'London Haul' over the next few days!

As the May Ball is looming, I've been rooting through the High Street on a quest. I just thought I'd give you ladies a heads up that Zara is practically a goldmine! I'm still umming and arring on my final choice, but I instantly fell in love with this Navajo inspired dress. As it's only £40 and not too OTT, you could splurge on a pair of killer heels! I thought the feather necklace (£15) would fit with the native american vibe too.

I also loved this little blue number which had beautiful Indian shisha embroidery along the neckline...
 Here's a better link :-)

I had an amazing week with my dad and cousin in London... we spent the whole week laughing, exploring and baking..bliss! I hope you've enjoyed reading about our adventures & have some ideas if you ever find yourselves in this part of the world :-)

Have you ever been to London? Where's your favourite hangout?