Wednesday 12 March 2014

Blooming Books #1 98 and 3/4 percent GUARANTEED!


Google images


The skies of London have been painted with hues of pink, orange and purple this week and have had me wondering where we all find solace when the sun isn't shining. I'll let you in on a little secret of mine... whenever I have a wobble, I read Dr. Seuss' Oh, The Places You'll Go.

If you've ever read it, you'll understand why and if you haven't, I implore you to give it a whirl! Although you'll find it tucked away in the children's section, it resonates with adults in the same way Harry Potter does - if you ask me, it should be under the philosophy section, or maybe self help? But that's a whole other blog post..

 The quirky classic explores the perils of life and yet is weaved together with Dr.Seuss' endearing rhymes and comforting air of optimism.



This magical video recorded at Burning Man (a festival I won't die happy until I've been to) cemented my love for the book and never fails to lift my spirits. It's like diving head first into one of the wacky, wonderful worlds of Dr.Seuss and meeting the many strange birds the man himself created.

Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way!

Where do you go to escape?