Monday 15 December 2014

Brew Break #11 Anthropologie Candles

Whenever I'm pottering around Oxford Street, which is more often than I care to admit, I always nip into Anthropologie and lose myself in their candle jars. They hands down have the best selection of affordable candles with the most incredible mixtures.

During Black Friday, Anthropologie had 20% everything online and in store... yes, EVERYTHING! Needless to say, anyone receiving a Christmas present from me can expect one of their zodiac candles. (I've actually gone as far as banning a few people from reading my blog this month!) I also couldn't help but stock up on a bunch of candles for myself, as I'm now back home in Manchester for five weeks.

I was also inspired by Gemsmaquillage recently, when she spoke about her love of saving pretty candle pots for when she makes DIY candles. Whenever I'm in between lectures, I pop into Greenwich market and have always wanted my own stall. I think in the new year I'll be using these cute jars to kick-start my NY resolution!

Now bare with me on the left one, I know the staple 'blogger' candle is currently Yankee's Candy Cane Lane, but not mine. I can't rest unless my entire house smells of guacamole!

The right candle caters to my borderline obsession with figs. If a product has even a teaspoon of fig, it's in the basket. My only niggle with this one is that as it's in an opaque jar, I can't see the flame flickering which I find really soothing. Besides that, the smell is so sophisticated & heavenly! Another favourite of mine from their Boulangerie set is Angel Food... words don't do justice!

When I saw the zodiac range of candles with iddy biddy constellations engraved on them, I HAD to buy a bunch... how adorable are they?! I'm also going to put this out there: these are THE best candles I've ever smelt. I even get wafts of the exotic scent when they're not even lit!

I picked this last one up on a bit of a whim. The smell is described as 'volcano'... I find it hilarious when candles are named "party time" or "midnight moon", as if we're supposed to go "ahh I love the smell of party time!" I actually bought this as it was called Mercury. When I was little my dad used to own a jewellery shop in Greece called 'Mercury Design'. Whenever I light this candle, I can't help but smile.

If you're ever in Anthro, head to their candle range and treat yourself... they're good for the soul!