Friday 9 January 2015

NO DIVORCES IN 99 (just the one divorce in 99)

Good morning Petals!

Here we are again: another uni deadline due tomorrow, another procrastination induced post. Today I thought I'd share some of my new year's resolutions. I'm hoping that if I send my goals into the blogosphere, I'm more likely to achieve them as I'm accountable.

Before I dive in, I thought I'd share this Yoko Ono piece I read this morning - I think it's a lovely foot to start January on...


I didn't intend on making resolutions this year, but then I popped into Waterstones - there's something so motivating about fresh 2015 stationery!


Always wait for the first week of Jan to buy calendars. This baby was £10 two weeks ago but I bought it for £5... Jurassic Park! I chose this one as it features two of my favourite things: Gustav Klimt and glitter.

HOW CUTE IS MY NEW PEN?!

Resolutions:

1. Pass my second year with creative material I feel confident enough to add to my writing portfolio and possibly send to future employers.
2. Keep on top of my blogging schedule.
3. Stick to my monthly budget like (super) glue!
4. Help expand my mum's business with my PR & Marketing skills.
5. Buy a one way ticket to Corfu in April.
6. Practice yoga daily, instead of weekly.
7. I really want to get back into the routine of writing in my diary every night. Between the ages of sixteen and eighteen I kept daily diaries, which are already fascinating to look back on.


8. As I'll be flat sharing in September, I want to be more adventurous in the kitchen - I've got my eye on Ottolenghi's new cookbook.
9. Buy film for the polaroid I bought on Ebay two years ago, lazybones!
10. I was planning on doing Veganuary, but on 1st January (with a hangover from hell) I was in the middle of eating my Chinese take-out when I remembered. Instead, I'm going McCartney and doing Meat Free Monday all year.
11. During my Interrailing trip, I learned there's something so romantic about travelling on trains. I'm hoping this year I'll be embarking on a similar adventure... I've got my fingers crossed for India!

 This photo from Tumblr gives me an obscene amount of Wanderlust...
Breakfast Tea being passed between cars on the railway between Peshawar and Lahore, Pakistan

Turns out I have more goals than I thought, I suppose I'd best get started!


She quietly expected great things to happen to her, and no doubt that’s one of the reasons why they did. - Zelda Fitzgerald


(Before I love and leave you, I just want to let fellow Meryl Streep / Into the Woods fiends know she'll be with Lauren Laverne at 12, talking all things witches, suffragettes and beans... especially the beans!)