Tuesday 23 June 2015

Travel: Glasgow's Hidden Gems (& Mini Haul)

Ana petals,

One of my Corfiot childhood friends moved to Scotland last September to begin university. I recently went to visit Tess in Glasgow for four days and fell head over heels in love with the city and its bubbly inhabitants! My camera was glued to my hand the entire trip as we were constantly walking by the numerous graffiti pieces dotted around the city - each as astounding as the next. Although it was a flying visit, my friend took me to some groovy hot-stops that I though could be handy if you ever swing by!

Reunited with my wee bonnie lass! So much love love love! 💖

Before I dive in, I have to mention Megabus. My round journey came to a mere £19! Although each way was five hours, there was a plug socket to charge my devices and as it wasn't busy, I had a free seat next to me both ways, where I had the luxury of napping undisturbed. I'll definitely be roughing it again as it's a fifth of the rail price!

(TOP TIP IF TRAVELLING/NAPPING ALONE: take a tote bag and loop it through your feet, keep your earphones plugged to your phone with an alarm set so you don't miss your stop!)

Bar Home, Albion Street

On my first night, Tess and I had a few rounds of cocktails under the giant disco ball at this jaunt, which are just £3.25 all day Mon - Thurs! I recommend the purple rain cocktail, or if you're really feeling it - go straight for the frozen margarita jug, which is just £13!

Amore, Ingram street

One afternoon when we were a little... let's say 'delicate', we stumbled to this Italian restaurant and devoured a delicious carbonara - their tiramisu was exquisite too! It's worth bobbing by to gaze at the handsome Italian waiters alone!

Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA), Royal Exchange Square
Art is what you can get away with - Andy Warhol / I love Glasgow already 🎩

Whenever visiting a new city, even if just for an afternoon, it's always worth nipping in a museum or gallery (or both if you have the time)! This enchanting gallery was full of the weird and wonderful and free as a bird! During your stay in the city, you'll undoubtedly be bombarded with the image of a statue, in which a man is sat on a horse with a florescent orange traffic cone on his head (don't ask) - he'll be plastered on postcards, coasters, you name it! The gallery is directly behind him :-)

Kokomo Nightclub, W Regent St

On the Friday night, it was a friends birthday so after a wild flat party we all proceeded to this nightclub where she'd rented an incredible booth. The night (although a bit of a blur) was one to remember, not only was the DJ incredible, but the overall vibe of the place was so unique and groovy! I still keep mistaking the name of it though for Kocoum haha :-)

O2 ABC Glasgow, Sauchiehall St

One night we went out with a few of Tereza's incredible flat mates and hit up ABC. The event was called Jelly Baby and the venue was HUGE! Although the queues at the bar were a lil ridiculous, the crowd were a good bunch and the music bob on!

Whilst I was in Glasgow, I thought I'd take full advantage of Buchanan streets vast range of shops and was feeling particularly spendy! Here's some treats I picked up...

I bought these ethereal moon and star earrings from Topshop for £7:

These adorable daisy flower power earrings (I couldn't resist) and dainty hamsa ring for just £1 in River Island! The ring is actually a lil big for me, but I'm going to thread it through a gold chain necklace à la Frodo Baggins...

How gorgeous are these two suede bags from River Island?!

I've never realised before how A M A Z I N G Mango's jewellery range is and I was mesmerised by a 50% off rack for quite some time. I bought this statement red cocktail ring and dainty jade earrings for £10!! It took me so long to settle on these two as their range was spectacular and I almost bought the whole lot!

Hands down (literally) the prettiest ring I've ever owned...


Mac's Isabel and Ruben Toledo's collection was so tempting! *swoon*

My friend Tereza and I popped into a quirky card shop called scribbler and I stumbled upon this gem...
It's by an offbeat artist called Mr. Will Vincent! ~ ~ ~ 

We nipped into H&M where I picked up this divine crystal necklace for £7 :-)

Can you tell my father's a goldsmith? I'm like a magpie when it comes to jewellery haha!

I thought I'd leave you with this adorable photo I unearthed of me and Tereza at our friend Alexi's Tarzan/Toy Story themed party circa 2000! :-)


I had a magical time catching up with one of my dearest friends, gorging on shortbread, dancing nights away and staying up till the wee hours watching disney films / countless episodes of friends!

Classic episode / Stocking up at Aldi for the tedious journey home - didn't groovy biscuits used to be called disco biscuits?!

Wingapo,