Monday 14 September 2015

Summer Playlist 2015

Although I've been back in England for three weeks, summer doesn't end in my world until the first day back at uni. D-Day is creeping up on us and I am savouring every morsel of the last few days of summer - there will be claw marks on the 22nd. To celebrate another summer filled with laughter, wild nights and stardust, I thought I'd make a lil playlist!

If, on the off chance, you were wondering what I was listening to last summer, click here ;-)



(& Basically everything from Vice city's nostalgic radio stations!)


Run your fingers through my soul


I could bop around all day to this, in fact I just might!



Maybe you did, maybe you walked
Maybe you rocked around the clock


First you'll see me on the news, then never again





Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword


The clock is ticking its last couple of tocks



I'm knocking on the Devil's door



Cast your dancing spell my way, I promise to go under it




I've met the people that you read about in books

I'll give you laid back ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Ross can! Ross Can! Ross can get me the tickets!


A friend and I were recently sharing writing tips and got on the topic of writing with music. At university one of lecturers once gave us the task to write a horror scene. After twenty minutes, we were told to put down our pencils and close our eyes. He played the soundtrack to David Lynch's 1993 film Eraserhead. The eeriness that engulfed the room made my writing flow much more fluid, it was like magic.


Since then I've discovered certain radio stations and soundtracks trigger specific writing minds. Lately I've been listening/writing to Gustav Holst's The Planets on repeat - I'll let you guess what genre I'm currently exploring!

spellbinding

Speaking of radio stations, my favourites have to be BBC Radio 6, XFM and Classic fm. There's nothing more relaxing than catching Myleene Klass' late night show on a Sunday evening!




What is your summer anthem?