Thursday 3 November 2016

Have Faith In Your Own Bad Taste

This summer I reignited a hobby of mine: sketching. Many an afternoon was spent on my grandmother's veranda drawing the boats that went by with my father. I also was super inspired by my cosmic friend Marianna and the evenings I spent with her at her atelier, collaborating and sharing a bottle of red. 



This winter I decided to try my hand at Inktober and although I found the random daily word prompt creatively challenging, I found it extremely rewarding. It was also fascinating following the # and seeing the way thousands of artists around the world interpreted one word in various ways. 

Gallery of Modern Art, Glasgow // September 2016

If you wanna check out some of my weird and wonderful doodles, here are a few links:
DAY 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 19 / 22

I couldn't help but infuse poetry into the endeavor


During October I also discovered a bunch of artists that I am now enamoured with. Here are my top 3:

Lynnie Zulu (!!!!!!)





'No work today'

If you also joined the party, feel free to share your designs below!